Monday 15 December 2008

Woon


Warittinha

Just a few words I know in Thai
To say hi, I would say Sawadee khrub
For some orientation: Throm pai, leu qua and leu sai
Chai khrub, if I want to say yes, of course!

Mai dai, if there's no way around.
Cha cha my friend, please slow down
Leu leu, I am late - please fly!
Sabai dee mak hrub?
That's the question you need to ask to yourself after taking a ride

Hahaha khrub, because khrub goes with everything
I want pad thai na khrub - ma pet, please!
Where's the restroom na khrub?
Tini leu sai na khrub
The book is on the table na khrub
A sentence without na krub, it's like rice without beans
For Tina it is: do you know what I mean?
Definitely na khrub is the thing...na khrub!

Then comes the well known "jeitinho tailandês"
Mai pen rai! Sabai sabai!
This is to say: never mind, tá tudo certo!
Dee mak mak, very good...
Just wait... ai ai ai

Con phu thai dai nick noi, na khrub
This is all the thai that I know
Just a little that´s not enough
To say what this picture can say
Differently, I would need much more than a thousand words
In Portuguese, Spanish, English or Thai
Or in a nutshell:
Kop khun khrub
Kun nee yort leui, soo-ay mak mak!


Guilherme Ferreira

1 comment:

  1. :):):) Thank u sweety
    since ur very nice to me.. i'll let u go out of thailand.. no problem this time :) :)

    and coz i know u really really like my language ..i'll force u to join a special thai course in singapore ( yeah one of the most boring country :P ..how could u leave thailand for singapore???) so u can speak thai to someone who is not a taxi driver :D

    1000 kisses
    woon

    ReplyDelete